Sunday was so, SO much fun! A year ago, our small group did our first ever chili cook-off. It happened to be Halloween that day, so the kids were all dressed up and we took them around to a few houses. Recognize this little football?
This year, a few of us went to Goebbert's Pumpkin Patch in Hampshire before the cook-off. It was pretty chili (apparently that was the theme of the day), but luckily Parker had his sweet lion costume on to keep him warm. He loved wearing it. He would run his fingers through his mane, and his tail wagged as he walked around. He drove some trucks and tractors, pet some crazy animals, and took a train ride. Talk about a sweet pumpkin patch! I wasn't expecting it to have exotic animals, a mini train, and a giant rocking chair. I wouldn't mind making that a tradition now, too ;)
After the patch, we headed to Katie and Nick Borst's for the 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off. If you know me at all, you know that I'm not a fan of chili, and if you know me even a little bit, you know I don't enjoy pumpkin-flavored things... So what did I decide to make for the cook-off? Pumpkin Chili! From what I've heard, it was pretty decent. David Martinez took the gold again but they were all very delicious. (Again, this is according to everyone else. I filled myself on cornbread, kit kats, and apple pie ;) Parker likes chili, too!
(My camera ran out of battery, so I'm waiting to get these pictures from my friends. Coming soon!)
We played a quick round of catch-phrase, had lots of laughs, and just enjoyed spending time together. These friends are a true gift from God!

Serious about pumpkin chili?? I love pumpkin and chili but I can't imagine them together... could you send me the recipe?
ReplyDelete