Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Parkers 1st Birthday

Whenever I hit a birthday or anniversary of something, I get really nostalgic and replay everything that happened in those upcoming days to whatever took place.  That’s exactly what I did the whole week of Parker’s birthday.  I’m actually still doing it - remembering those first two weeks of Ryan being home, figuring out how to change a diaper, nurse, comfort, give a bath, and be a mom!  While those days were precious, I am very happy to be on this end of things. 

Parker must’ve noticed that I had been excited and extra cuddly all week, because he woke up at 4:00am on the morning of his birthday!  In my head, I thought “this is going to be the beginning of a fussy day.”  I had a lot planned and wanted to enjoy them with Parker.  Turns out, he just wanted to spend some time with Daddy.  Ryan had not seen Parker since Monday night due to early mornings and late nights at the Fire Academy.  We brought Parker in bed with us when he woke up and he cuddled with Daddy for the next half hour.  When Ryan got up, Parker got up.  I tried putting him back in his bed, but he wasn’t having it.  He didn’t want to play or eat, he just wanted to watch Daddy get ready.  We said goodbye at 5:00, I put Parker back to bed and he fell asleep without a peep until 7:00. Isn’t that crazy?! 

He spent the morning playing at the babysitter’s and him and I had a special lunch date at Chic-fil-a after I picked him up.  Then we met up with some of my bff’s to go to the Brookfield Zoo.  The weather wasn’t all that great, but we bundled the kids up and had a blast.  There weren’t very many other people at the zoo, which was kind of nice. 


Parker and Ella on the slides

The stroller brigade.  Josiah Haskell, Parker, Elliana Martinez, and Tehya Knapp

The next day I went to the Illini homecoming game (see future post), so on Sunday, we finally got to give Parker his birthday present we were so excited about!  After he ate breakfast, we wheeled out his brand new cozy coupe 4x4 truck.  He instantly crawled over to it and I don’t think he left it until it was time for his morning nap.  It’s so fun to give your kids presents =)  He pushes the truck everywhere, honks the horn, 'drives' like a crazy man, climbs through the windows, opens and shuts the door, stands in the tailgate, puts things in the cup holders, and pretends to fill it up with gas with his finger.  I'd say he likes his birthday present.  
Ryan is stunned by the amount of directions!
He spends a lot of time in there!  Apparently he likes holding pudding cups, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment