Over the past few weeks, I have been filled with an overwhelming amount of peace, and can feel God's love as if his arms are wrapped around me. I have been joyful, energetic, and extremely happy. Today, however, I have a heavy heart. Perhaps I've reached a new level of intimacy with God. I'm realizing that as I am "on top of the world" there are people around me who are struggling, hurting, and in need of a Savior. Not just random people I see at the grocery store, but some of my very best friends and people I come in contact with on a regular basis. If I am able to enjoy and embrace life only by the grace of God, then why I am I not sharing this with everyone I know? If a relationship with God can give my friends the peace and strength and eternal life that they long for and need, why have I known them for so long and never invited them to church? Why have I not shared how He has provided for ALL of my needs over and over and over again?
Some scripture that has convicted me lately.
1 Chronicles 16:23 says "Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day."
Psalm 27:1 says "The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?'
Isaiah 12:2 says "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense."
I sing to the Lord, but do I proclaim His name? If the Lord is my stronghold, I have no reason to be afraid of anything. I say that I trust God, but do I fully trust him, meaning I have no fear?
Hebrews 4:12-13 says, "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account."
It sure is living! Every time I read it I realize something new or understand things a little bit deeper. I am also reminded that God is the only one I answer to, and if His love and salvation is as important as I believe it to be, then I better start sharing it with others!
Great post! I think God has been convicting me about that as well, Heb 4 has been coming back to me quite a bit too!
ReplyDelete