Last year, Parker did the kid fun run at NCA's Curramus. It was only about 50 meters long. This year after he ran 2 miles at the track, he said he wanted to do a 5K. We signed him and Ryan up and he was so excited to do a race with Daddy!
On your mark, get set, GO!
Adley and I helped out at the kids tent during the race. She got her face painted like a princess.
I figured we would go back over to the finish line at about 35 minutes. I was determined not to miss the finish of his debut race! I wasn't there long and I spotted this cute little dude in the distance running my way! I was shocked that he was already about to finish.
He crossed the finish line at 39 minutes! Wow, Paker! Awesome job!!!
He was so happy when they were done and gave me a big squeeze. Ryan said he was explaining to him during the race that when they heard the music, that meant they were close to the finish. When Parker heard it, he leaped in the air and said, "I just feel so proud!!" Parker was excited to tell me he ran the whole time and only walked when they got a drink of water. I could tell Ryan was on cloud nine when they finished. He said he got tears in his eyes a few times during the race because he was just feeling so blessed to be running a race with his son. <3 nbsp="" p="">
3>
It started pouring shortly after they were done running. It was an early morning, too, so Adley and I took a little snooze when we got home =)
Parker said next year he wants to do a 6k =)
No comments:
Post a Comment