Sunday, December 13, 2015

Let the Summer Begin!

Let's just pretend it's not mid December when I'm finally getting around to writing this... It's actually refreshing looking at life when it was warm out - although it was 60 degrees today.

Ok, enough of the small talk.  

Parker took swimming lessons the first 6 weeks of summer.  He did awesome! He learned how to back float and swim! We were so shocked the first time we went to the pool as a family and he swam 15 feet from me to Ryan.  He's thinks he's ready for a triathlon ;)  During swim lessons, Adley and I would just hang out, she'd pretend to do a workout, and  we'd make a few friends.

Parker also went to Vacation Bible School for the first time this summer!  He had a blast. (I'm feeling pretty awful that I don't have pictures of either of these epic events for him).  During VBS, Adley, Ryan and I would play, play, play! 




These two are coming quite the pair. We found them like this one night.


Father's Day
I'm pretty sure this was the best days ever for all of us.  We woke up early and drove to DeKalb so Dan, Ryan and Nate could bike to Geneva.


The rest of us got to check out the Geneva Farmer's Market.  There's nothin' better than a farmer's market on a warm summer morning.



The guys had a great ride. We all went back to our house to regroup and head to the city for a swim.




It was such a beautiful day!  My parents met up with us for dinner in the evening and we all had a nice laugh when we found out the price range of the restaurant I made reservations at... we walked out and went next door ;)


Adley is still a pretty solid napper and Parker just has quiet rest time for 45 minutes.  We read a lot of books together outside this summer.  We learned a lot and got a nice tan ;)




We were playing outside with neighbors so much and never wanted to go in, so we started having fires together.  See, there are benefits to living in close proximity! We probably had 10 fires by September.  They were seriously some of my favorite nights of the summer.











I'm starting to realize this is way too much for one post, but there's no turning back now.

Parker learned to roller blade!



What a great start to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment