Saturday, December 19, 2015

Adley's Broken Bone

On September 1, Adley decided to teach herself how to climb trees. Ryan spotted her as she climbed, just to see what she would do.  When she got back down safely, he was sure to tell her never to do that unless Mommy or Daddy was with her.

Later that night we had some friends over.  Just before they were headed home, the adults were cleaning up inside and the kids were outside. Our friend's son came running in crying saying he fell out of the tree.  Not long after, Parker came in saying "Oh no, oh no!" I looked at Ryan and in a scared voice he said, "Adley fell out of the tree!" To which I replied "Adley climbs trees?!"  I hadn't even heard of her climbing adventure earlier in the morning.  Ryan ran out and found her on her back on the ground.  He's pretty sure she got the wind knocked out of her, but she was crying hard when he brought her inside. When I was holding her, she kept motioning to her shoulder and telling me it hurt. I didn't know if it was that or her neck. I got her calmed down and then when I stood up with her, she started screaming...I knew something wasn't right.  

The neighbors came over and took care of Parker and we took Adley to the ER.  Boy is it heartbreaking to see your baby hurt.  Once she was buckled in, she didn't cry the rest of the night.  She was so cute and so brave!  They were playing Frozen in the ER, so she definitely loved that =)



They took her X-Rays and it wasn't hard to tell what the problem was - a broken collar bone.  


They wrapped her up and sent us home.  She called a lot of people and said, "Hi...I broke my bone."  It was so cute and so sad all at the same time.






She was such a champ.  Although I was bummed that our sweet baby broke her bone, I was SO thankful that's all she came out with.  She only fell about 3 feet, she missed the cement and the utilities box, and she didn't have any head/neck/spine injuries. Thank you God for protecting her!! 

In the days after, she didn't complain about her wrap and she continued on with life as best she could with one arm.  












It was super exhausting for me. I was on her hip 24/7 to make sure she didn't fall or bump it.  All in all, it was 10 days of me being constantly worried, and her wrap was off at two weeks.  Those little bones heal fast!!




No comments:

Post a Comment