Saturday, December 19, 2015

Parker's First Day of School!

Oh my sakes - say it isn't so.  Parker is going to SCHOOL?! We went back and forth about preschool all summer and then decided to send Parker to NCA (where I used to teach) for 2 days/week. (Tuesdays and Wednesdays). He needed a recent picture of himself for his first day, so we took a few the day before his first day.


 I thought for sure I would bawl like a baby when we dropped him off. Not because I was sad, but just can't believe how big he is and how proud I am of him!  And because if he is already school age, time is only going to go faster. 

The morning was a whirlwind. He chose a pepperoni omelette for breakfast, and then changed into his uniform.  So handsome!  We tried to take a few pictures before we left.






We walked him into the sanctuary and then followed him up to his room.



He hung up his things, made his way to a carpet square and that was that.  We watched for a minute or two and then waved goodbye. I didn't shed a tear, but my heart was bursting!  I could hardly wait to pick him up and hear all about it.

He was so excited to show us the pictures he drew.













Here's to our first year of our first born in school! I can't even believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment