Adley was taking care of business on her pink phone after a nice swim.
We were supposed to go to Warren Dunes with Nat's family and my parents, but the weather wasn't nice, so we opted for Plan B - sleeping in the tent in the living room! The kids loved it.
The next day was nice so we went swimming
and then out to Westfield for a campfire.
Mom dominated the ax.
Ryan's famous upside-down fire.
We also had a really sweet party for my Grandma Ross that weekend for her 96th birthday. She enjoyed twirling a sparker while we all sang to her =)
You know - just playin.
Ryan and I went on a TV fast for a week, so we decided to tackle fire-by-friction. I mean, Ryan tackled it and I cheered him on and took pictures.
I had my mallow ready, but he wasn't able to get a coal. Nuts.
He got so close! And we laughed a LOT!
We had to opportunity to teach about nutrition at a lunch-and-learn for the American Diabetes Association. It was an awesome experience.
We came home back for some awesome skirt steak tacos and July birthday celebration with neighbors.
Our best turnout yet!
We went to Shedd Aquarium with Ryan's family. It really was great - too bad my phone died - no pics.
We had a wedding to go to in the city on my birthday, but we stopped at my favorite restaurant, Blackberry Market, on the way. I'd been waiting SO LONG to get one of these sugar cookies and my birthday was the perfect reason to have one. Seriously - I can't describe how delicious that was.
Ryan surprised me with a food processor. I didn't necessarily know I wanted it, but I guess he knows me better than I know myself because I use it every day and think "Wow! That was so easy!" Thanks babe! The wedding was so incredibly fun, so it turned out to be a pretty great birthday.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Parker was riding a horse for the first time!
Oh July, you never disappoint.
No comments:
Post a Comment